While not officially listed in the Alexa Smart Home Store yet, the new Simple Control Alexa Smart Home Skill is now live!
To add the new skill to your account, use the Contact Support button to contact support for the special beta instructions.
Simple Hub 4.5.8+ is required, and you should already have the existing Simple Control Alexa skill working before adding this new skill.
Use the instructions from support to add the skill to your account. You should then discover devices to see what can be controlled. This skill allows skipping the “tell Simple Control” prefix used by the Custom Skill. As both skills present unique and separate functionality, we recommend linking both. Examples:
* Alexa, turn on the Living Room. (launch first activity with an opening device in the Living Room)
* Alexa, turn on Office DISH. (open “Watch DISH” in the Office)
* Alexa, turn on Living Room TiVo. (open “Watch TiVo” in the Living Room)
* Alexa, set the Bedroom Receiver to 25%. (set volume to -55.5 for Denon Receiver in the Bedroom)
* Alexa, set Kitchen Sonos to 60. (set volume to 60 for Sonos device in the Kitchen)
* Alexa, turn off the Bedroom. (run the first Power Off activity in the Bedroom)
* Alexa, turn off the Office DISH. (run the first Power Off activity in the Office)
* Alexa, turn off the Office DISH 1. (send a POWER OFF command to the DISH device in the room Office — see the Alexa app for actual naming)