2018 Panasonic TV IP control

Hello there,
It appears at least some of the 2018 Panasonic TVs have a new IP protocol. I have the TX-65FZ802b OLED screen and the current IP device on longer works. Adding a device recognises the TV and will configure, however, it won’t actually successfully control the device. It appears that connecting to the TV now requires a PIN, which I confirmed by downloading the official Panasonic TV app and it required a ‘pairing’ step when first started (the TV automatically broadcast the pin to input into the APP).

Therefore, please add this new protocol to the device list.
thanks

What country is that in? I can’t recall seeing a Panasonic TV here in the US in many years which is why we don’t list them as supported. I’m guessing that if it is OLED, they are probably just repackaging an LG OLED. It’s possible if you added it as LG WebOS, perhaps that would work as certainly we handle all the appropriate pairing there. Regardless, these don’t exist in the US market, so we have no information on it. Sounds like a rebrand.

UK. These screens and a very large range of LCDs and OLEDs are available throughout Europe, Asia and most of the rest of the world. Panasonic are still a very large player in TVs, just not in the US and I believe it is only about 3 years ago they pulled out of that market.
You are right that these TVs use LG panels, just like Sony, Philips and every other manufacturer that makes OLEDs, but beyond that they use different chassis and electronics. Panasonic use their own OS and has no relation to LG’s. These are most definitely not LG clones.
The general menu system and OS have remained based around the same system for several years now, and the IR codes and IP commands the same for many years. The IR codes are confirmed to work, and it would appear that Panasonic have introduced a pairing step for IP for some reason. They are control4 certified and there is a setting in the menu to enable this protocol - sure that doesn’t help, but thought I’d mention it.

In any case, the point is we need to have one in order for it to be supported, and getting one in the US is not currently possible.

Continuing the discussion from 2018 Panasonic TV IP control:

Did this ever get solved? I have two Panasonic Viera TV’s in New Zealand. As stated in the original post the TV is recognised as a device but the IP interface needs authentication with a code in order to operate. It would be wonderful to be able to do this. Any suggestions? These TVS are all over ASIA and Australasia.

Still does not exist here. Literally you go to Amazon, type “panasonic tv” and not a single one comes up. So combine “non-existent API information” with “non-existent in most of the world” and this is not going to happen until one of those changes.

Hi - unfortunately, I’ve had to continue to use IR to control this TV.
Will - as I explained previously, you are right Panasonic have pulled out of the US, but are available in the rest of the world and continue to be a major player in the TV world.
Why they introduced an authentication process, only they know, and worse still not providing an API is very frustrating.
I did a search today on Google, and it is clear others have been working on this since I last looked.

I don’t know if the information in the thread gives an indication of the problem statement, if not the solution.
Best regards