Apple TV Hub - Single App

Hi,

I’ve recently setup an Apple TV 4K as a Hub for a client. Whilst it’s working well, I’m conscious that the Apple TV is not ‘locked’ to the Simple Control TV app and as such, if they have to reboot for any reason, there’ll be a need to set this up again for them.

I know it’s been mentioned in the past, but can you provide some guidance on how the Apple TV can be setup to only run the Simple Control app, I forget the correct name for this, but I’m sure you’ll understand what I mean.

Best Regards

Dave C

Single App Mode. Introduced in tvOS 10.2.

Hey Will, do you know if the unit will still serve as a HomeKit hub with SC in single app mode? Thanks! Dave

Will, thanks for getting back to me on this.
I’ve been searching for a step by step guide to activate Single App Mode, but have come across a number of concerning forum posts that mention a danger of bricking the device, etc.

Can you provide or recommend a guide to carrying this procedure out?

Many thanks
Dave C

This is a standard Apple feature. If using it bricks your device, that would be a big problem for them, so whatever you read is probably nonsense. In any case, a quick Google produced many hits, using profiles is pretty straightforward and standard.