Custom Commands with MCE Controller

Hi,

I have been using MCE controller to listen for commands specifically to open the Netflix app in WMC (command already built into MCE Controller) as well as a custom tile for Media Browser pointing to my movies and tv series.

For example when the command MediaBrowserMovies is sent via telnet to MCE controller then WMC will open directly to my Media Browser Movies tile.

I would like to expand this to Roomie - however there is no way for me to add custom commands sent from Roomie to an MCE controller instance on my client machine, is there? Or is this something you would have to add to the MCE Controller support?

We do provide a DDK by which you could send any additional custom commands you’d like to MCE Controller:

roomieremote.com/faq/#customDevice

Duh - RTFM.

Thanks for pointing this out. Tested and it works great - thanks.

This does add an additional layer of complexity for the end user because you need an additional device for the custom commands as well as a custom definition file.

For MCE controller - since it accepts strings directly is there any way you could add a string function to the existing Microsoft Media Player commands? This way we could just type in the text we want to send without having a separate device.

Should I add a feature request for this?

We can send you the complete file from support and then you can have it all in one device.

OK great - that’ll work. I’ll send an email to support.

I would love a copy of those files because I am trying to do the same thing.

Could you please post them or send them to me too?

Thanks.

Our post in the following thread contains that command set as an attachment:

configuration-and-setup-archives/how-to-use-mce-t9542.html

Thank you.

Thanks for the quick reply. I was able to get it to work.

I know, this is an old thread, but The title of the thread is exactly what I want to achieve: send custom commands to my HTPC using simple control. I have already configured MCE controller to work within Simple Control, and I can use the generic remote provided and it works. But I would also like to be able to send custom commands (single letters or alt-x for example).

The links above seemed to point to the solution, but they do not work anymore…