Dish Network

Will there be a Dish IP controlled option? I would love to have full control of my Dish reciever via IP.

Second that. I see DirectTV is supported already. My Dish is networked and works great for remote recording, etc. It would be nice to be able to control it with Roomie.

I would like to third that! Would be sweet to get directtv ip controlled!

Ditto that. It must be ip controllable, since there is a Dish app for the iPhone that uses wifi. Right now, this is what is stopping me from buying Roomie, since I can’t test functionality with my setup without buying an IR adapter.

We’re certainly aware of this request. Right now we think there may be a slim possibility of getting this in at some point in the medium term future. It’s all a matter of feasibility.

To dheisley who said “Ditto that. It must be ip controllable, since there is a Dish app for the iPhone that uses wifi. Right now” What app are you referring to, the Slingplayer one perhaps (which doesn’t really allow IP control of the device). If another app I can’t seem to find it.

To the Roomie crew, the current line of dish boxes doesn’t support ip control (AFAIK) but they have stated they are adding it to the Hopper/Joey system (they announced a future iPhone control application).

YES! Ditto, would LOVE to have dish IP control!

Ditto!