How to use multiple remotes

Hello,
The remote is working well so far and I am getting used to each controller. My main problem is using multiple remotes to watch TV with a channel guide. Once the “watch tv” activity turns on the Pioneer receiver, Vizio TV and Cisco cable box (using a samsung remote profile) the remote is set to Samsung cable with the channel guide on the right side.

If another user uses an iPad or phone to 'watch tv" then the system turns off. I understand it sends a command to “power on” the devices and this has the opposite effect because they are already on. If I just use the “Samsung cable remote” without the “watch tv” it does not show all the options that are part of the “watch tv”. How can I set up the remotes on different devices to watch TV without turning off the already powered on devices?
Thank you,
Jerry

I am having this same issue going from iPhone to iPad. Any luck on your side?

This is a complex, multi-layered issue that is going to depend heavily on the exact devices and control methods involved. For instance, some devices such as most IP controlled receivers only support one connection at a time. Thus using multiple iOS devices against such a receiver at the same time is going to have problems. There is however a workaround for that one which is to hook it up via serial instead as the IP2SL/WF2SL provides built-in multiple connection support.

Meanwhile, there are other potential issues when using multiple iOS devices against the same targets. One you mention is having a device in the mix which is a pure POWER TOGGLE infrared device. In that case if you want to use multiple iOS devices simultaneously, you would want to remove the power commands from normal usage and put them into a special activity button such as “System On” or just leave the device on and use the “Show in Room” feature to bring up the remote. It depends on the device itself whether there may be additional options. For instance, many devices have a sort of covert discrete power on/off command. Blu-ray Players often respond to Play as a power on, and then a Play-PowerToggle sequence is equivalent to power off.

So the solutions here are very system and device specific with different potential issues based on what kind of control method is being used.

in my multiroom setup I leave on all devices that don’t have discrete on and off.

all worked until I switched to telus optik (same as AT&T u-verse), even leaving the, on those boxes go in stanhours after 4 hours…

in my multiroom setup I leave on all devices that don’t have discrete on and off.

all worked until I switched to telus optik (same as AT&T u-verse), even leaving the, on those boxes go in stanhours after 4 hours……

Telus Optik is basically the same service as AT&T U-verse (Microsoft Mediaroom) and upon a call they can delay the automatic standby to 24 hours.

Would be nice to have more support for those devices in the future

do power them on just use cursor enter, to power off insert two commands: cursor enter and power toggle.

it works so far