I use Irule for my home automation needs and have been happy with the very customisation this web based builder brings… however they have notified they plan to folder in a few years so Im already looking for options, and wondered if simple control is one. I use my system for:
- Vera Z Wave lights and Heating - I have feedback based images, so custom off and on images depending on the xml feedback.
- Control various IR devices using a GC100 and iTach (TVs, Projector etc)
- Use serial from GC100 to get projector feedback and state plus control.
- Have a page for kodi that displays volume and now playing, again from xml feedback.
- Use variables to change the actions of button depending on state/feedback.
The feedback from the devices and the abiity to show the state, with custom images or text is important. The variables are complex so probably have no equivalent, but what about the rest?
Im also not sure what option suits me? I have maybe a dozen devices and use have 2 iphones and an iPad I would like to create systems for. I would have preferred Andriod too but understand this is not available.