Simpe Hub iOS version requirement?

Hi there
I’m thinking of adding a “Simple Hub” license to my setup in order to enable Alexa integration. But I have mainly windows computers, no mac’s. I do however have a few leftover older iOS devices.

Would Simple Hub run on a iPad 2 with iOS 8?

Any plans on making “Simple Hub” for windows and/or Linux - more people hav those than mac’s :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Simple Hub is part of both the Simple Control Home and Simple Control System apps. They currently allow back to iOS 9. It is likely to stay iOS 9 for a long time. We will have another piece this year that requires iOS 10, but that will not affect the iOS 9 compatibility of those apps. So ideally you’d use a device compatible with iOS 10, but you can probably get away with iOS 9 at least for a while. My personal recommendation when setting that kind of thing up is to buy a new device so that it lasts many years and you don’t need to touch it.

We have no plans to release additional ports of Simple Hub this year. Next year we may add some platforms there.

Thank you.

Thanks for the response. Since my iPad 2 can be upgraded to iOS 9 I’ll give that a go and install Simple Hub on it. Can’t really justify the high cost of a new iOS device just to run Simpe Hub, and since I have this one laying around I might as well put it to use.

Can Simple Hub run in the background with Simple COntrol running in the foreground? That if, if Simple Control will still run on iOS9. Since I have a wall mount for it I was thinking of mounting it as a permanent remote somewhere.

Thanks.

Simple Hub for iOS is not a separate app. It’s part of the Simple Control Home/System apps. So you run the normal Simple Control app, turn on Guided Access, and turn on Simple Hub. In that way, “both” are running in the foreground which is a perfect match for any wallmounted iPad or stationary control.

Thank you.

Aha, that makes sense. Thanks.