Sky+HD

Any further progress on this? I believe sky boxes are currently being updated to include power commands over IP, although I still dont think an API has been released

I am looking for some advice from anyone that is managing to control their skyhd box via. These are the steps I have taken:
1. Downloaded the sky commands provided by roomie earlier in this thread.
2. Moved the file to the roomie folder located in dropbox.
3. Restored roomie from dropbox - I am told 4 new files are added (before I added the file, there was only 3 files in the folder). Also, in the settings (can't remember exactly where at the mo) it tells me that there are 7 commands for skyhd.
4. Go to living room & add new device with manual ip.
5. Add ip of my sky box (found in the sky box network settings) & port 49153. My sky box is connected to the router by ethernet cable.
6. Choose media player skyhd & create activity for watching sky.
7. Edit the watch sky activity & choose the remote for sky & sky guide.
8. Below is a picture of the sky remote that I am given when I choose 'Watch sky'. So I add a number pad to the remote but it has no numbers on (second picture) & nothing seems to work.
I am not sure where I am going wrong so any advice would be appreciated.
Also I have ordered the wifi version of the itach so I will be able to control the sky box via shortly, however I would like to know if there are any advantages to controlling it via ip. For example, I control my htpc via ip & that works very well, providing feedback to roomie.

Can someone that is using roomie to control sky hd via IP please tell me if it has any advantages over IR. My htpc gives feedback to my remote so am wondering if sky will do the same? Thanks

Hello - any update on this?

I have tried to set up and control my Sky+ HD box with Roomie using the dropbox file and using the IP address of the box and port 49153, but no ability to control the box (even for basic pause, rewind functions) which is a little frustrating.

Can anyone help if I am doing anything wrong or if there is any easier way to make Roomie work over IP with a Sky+ HD box in the UK?

Many thanks

With the amount of sky HD boxes in circulation I would have expected this to be of high priority

but it would appear not!

Is there a reason why this has not been addressed?

Hi
any update on this as this thread has been going a while but still no solution??

Hi,

The start of this thread seemed to indicate that ip control of the sky box was possible, but even with that zip file i have been unable to accomplish anything, has this project to support ip control of the sky box been abandoned?

I am new to roomie, but i believe to be the closest thing i have seen to solve my universal remote issues. I am a highly technical person so i can offer any beta/development assitance on this project please let me know

I have purchased the full version of roomie and have a roomie blaster on the way but the sky hd ip control still eludes me. the best i have at the moment is running the url to launch the sky app which is ok ish but obviously you then lose volume control as you are no longer in roomie.

The command i use to lauch the sky app is:

skyplus://

Anyway i trully hope you someone here can assist with this as here in the UK, SKY HD boxes are everywhere!

Other hardware controlled by roomie without issue, denon receiver, apple tv, sony bravia tv. all works a treat highly recommended!