Yamaha Aventage IP

I’m having issues with my Yamaha Aventage RX-A3000 and IP control. It was my understanding that the Yamaha accepted multiple clients but it appears I can only use one roomie remote session at a time to control the unit. FYI - the Yamaha AV controller iphone app does allow multiple sessions.

I have hooked it up to the ip2sl and after clicking “multiple ports” in the ip2sl web interface - it works perfectly. I would prefer to have IP control and use my ip2sl for something else… but it works.

Yes, unfortunately even the high-end Yamahas are single-connection. Sometimes, they allow control from multiple and feedback on one. But its always best to assume that all receivers from all brands are single connection. The IP2SL/WF2SL is a valid and good workaround for that.

Apps that don’t do the kinds of live feedback provided by Roomie can certainly just disconnect and make it appear to work with multiple devices, but there is of course a sacrifice to that and even then the devices can conflict randomly if they issue commands at similar times. The IP2SL/WF2SL does prevent all of those issues despite the fact that obviously the receiver manufacturers should have built that kind of thing into their IP control.

Denon’s HTTP mechanism on their 2011+ models is the one mechanism out of all the receivers out there we’re aware of that does indeed bypass the multiple connection issue. We cover that topic here:

roomieremote.com/faq/#denon