That device requires a Retransmit Count of 2 per the IR Diagnosis FAQ:
Thanks. I got it going and that was a big part of it. I had tried the retransmit count in the test remote window without much luck. Things got better when I left it at retransmit of 2, went all the way back to the normal room and used that remote. There seems to be some random delay between saving remote changes and them showing up in the room with all the changes. I had to leave the app to get some to show up. Sometimes they show up right away. Its like these changes need some interaction with the mother ship not just the local app.