Did it break after upgrading iPhone to iOS-11?
I’m running Simple-Hub for Mac. All good here.
Mac-Mini (Late 2012)
- but with Ethernet hard-line wire (WiFi disabled)
- macOS Sierra
- Computer Sleep: Never, Display Sleep: 10 mins
- HDD-Sleep and Wake for Network both checked/enabled
iPhone-5 but with iOS-10.x
- Simple Control 4.5.x in Guided Mode
- Allowed to Sleep after 30 minutes (but Simple-Hub handles sync fine)
I use a Fixed-IP for Mac, but I suppose a “Reserved IP” at router is about the same end-result.
Mac can even be “headless” and you can connect by RealVNC VNC-Viewer for light duty.
If you stop using the Simple-Hub, you will not have it’s Features available any more. I suppose you could try turning an iOS device into a Simple-Hub. Maybe, even the one you use as your main-remote.